Current Funding Opportunities — Updated 6.4.2020
Telehealth Network Grant Program—Applications due June 15, 2020
- The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) announced a new opportunity to apply for federal funding aimed towards promoting rural Tele-emergency services with an emphasis on tele-stroke, tele-behavioral health, and tele-emergency medical services (Tele-EMS). More information is available here.
MOSBHA Mini-Grant Funding Opportunity–Applications due June 30, 2020
- The Show-Me School-Based Health Alliance of Missouri (MOSBHA) is offering 9 mini-grants of $5,000 each to be used for the direct costs associated with planning, implementing, or sustaining a school-based health (SBH) program. This opportunity, made available through the generosity of Express Scripts Foundation, aims to support healthcare providers and/or school districts who are actively planning or providing SBH in Missouri. Healthcare providers or school districts may submit a proposal for their SBH program. More information can be found here.
Runaway & Homeless Youth Basic Center Program—Applications due July 3, 2020
- The Administration for Children and Families (ACF) will make 120 awards with total funding of $24 million for community-based programs that can provide up to 21 days of shelter for youth who have left home. Eligible applicants include state and local governments, Native American tribal organizations (federally-recognized and others), public housing authorities, and nonprofit organizations. More information is available here.
USDA Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grant Program Funding–Applications due July 13, 2020
- The USDA is opening a second application window for funding under the Distance Learning and Telemedicine grant program through July 13, 2020. The Distance Learning and Telemedicine program helps rural communities use the unique capabilities of telecommunications to connect to each other and to the world, overcoming the effects of remoteness and low population density. Information and application materials are available here.
Healthier Kids for Our Future from Cigna Foundation–Applications due September 30, 2020
- The Healthier Kids for Our Future initiative focuses on addressing childhood hunger and improving nutrition as well as supplementing existing mental health programming and helping to close gaps both within and outside the school environment to address loneliness, anxiety, depression, and suicide prevention. More information is available here on funding for food insecurity and here is more information on the mental health opportunity.
Federal Communications Commission COVID-19 Telehealth Program
- In response to the increasing need for telehealth services, the Federal Communications Commission released the COVID-19 Telehealth Program. The program is designed to help health care professionals provide telehealth services to patients. More information on the opportunity is available here.
Kansas City Regional COVID-19 Response & Recovery Fund
- The Kansas City Regional COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund was created in March to address the needs of the Kansas City region’s most vulnerable communities affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Fund provides grants to nonprofit organizations that have experience supporting impacted communities – particularly those that are disproportionately affected by this global pandemic and its economic consequences. More information is available here.