How do I join a Zoom meeting or webinar?
Join a Zoom meeting by clicking the meeting link provided by SMSBHA.
- If you have used Zoom before or have the application downloaded to your computer, the Zoom application will open automatically.
- If you have not used Zoom before, you may be prompted to download the application. This only takes a few moments and will allow you to join future Zoom meetings. Once downloaded, the Zoom application will open automatically.
- If you are unable to download applications due to your network or administration controls, you may open the Zoom meeting in your web browser by selecting this option upon going to the meeting link provided in the meeting invite.
If you are unable to join via computer, Zoom provides the option of only joining via audio by phoning into the meeting. The meeting phone number and ID number will always be included with the meeting link. We recommend joining by computer if possible so that you will be able to see the content presented.
How do I get audio?
You can join the audio portion of the call in two different ways—either using your computer speakers and microphone or by telephone.
As you enter the Zoom meeting, you will be asked how you’d like to join audio.
- We recommend selecting “Join with Computer Audio.”
- You can select “Test speaker and microphone” to make sure your computer audio is working. If you are unable to hear anything, make sure your computer volume is not muted and that the volume is high enough. If you are unable to hear yourself speak, check your microphone settings in your computer settings.
- If you are having trouble with your computer audio, select the “Phone Call” tab, dial the phone number listed, and, when prompted, enter your meeting ID. You will also be prompted to enter your participant ID, which is listed below the meeting ID.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Join via either your computer audio or by phone—do not do both. Your computer will pick up your phone call and reverberate, creating static feedback that will disrupt the call.